Interstate Moving Services
Your out of state moving company
There are so many details to take care of when you’re moving cross country between states — even just one state over. That makes it important to research the best interstate moving company for your needs. The main areas you need to pay attention to are each company’s range of services, years of moving experience, and available resources.
Whether your interstate moving needs are large or small, Southeast Elite Movers offers several packing and moving services that you can choose from to create a personalized moving solution. We offer long distance moving and storage services that include full-service packing, custom crating or fragile-only packing for large or very delicate items, or do-it-yourself packing in which we just supply the packing materials.
As a full-service interstate mover, Southeast Elite Movers can also help you with vehicle shipping, piano moving, short term storage and more interstate moving solutions. And we offer online shipment tracking so you can find out the status of your interstate moving shipment in real time.
Why go around requesting moving quotes from numerous companies when you can find everything you need with Southeast Elite Movers?
Tips for Choosing a Qualified Interstate Mover
Moving short distances are stressful. Moving across state lines or cross-country can be a nightmare when attempting to go it alone. Choosing an interstate moving company can bring peace of mind and lessen the load. When selecting a qualified interstate mover, keep these tips in mind:
- Any company handling your belongings across state lines must carry the proper insurance. Ask to see up-to-date valid insurance certificates.
- The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) requires long distance carriers to be registered before transporting household goods between states. Ask to see the mover’s “MC” number.
- Obtain several price comparisons and request a final estimate for your long interstate move. Beware of businesses with low bids, as these can be scammers or businesses that don’t have your best interest in mind. Newer companies may offer better pricing or discounts, but they also don’t have years of reliable experience with interstate moves.
- Read online reviews from people who’ve used the mover recently. Yelp, Google, and the Better Business Bureau are good places to start.
- Ask for in-person quotes. Pricing over the phone or online only gives a ballpark estimate. Allowing the mover to see your furniture and other belongings will provide a more accurate pricing schedule.
- Interstate moving companies should conduct themselves professionally, from the call center to the packers and drivers. Uniforms identify the team as a member of the company you hire, and vehicles should display the company’s business name and contact information.
Steps for a Successful Interstate Move
We know you have a lot on your plate when moving your family or business across state lines. Here is a checklist of things to accomplish to make your move go as smoothly as possible:
- Downsize: Consider selling or donating items you won’t want or need in your new location. Interstate moves can be expensive, so if you don’t want to pay to move something, get rid of it. It will also give you a clean slate to start on the right foot in your new place.
- Document:Make an inventory of all your belongings, their condition, and their value. Take photos, as well. This documentation will help insurance compensate you in the event something is damaged or missing in the move.
- Insurance:Long distance movers carry insurance to protect your belongings, but opting for additional coverage can bring you peace of mind. Ask your insurance agent or chosen moving company for advice on policies.
- Verify Details:Verify the details of the move throughout the packing and transporting process. Ensure your packers and driver have your up-to-date contact information and that you have their contact information as well. Also, double-check that your moving company has the correct address and any schedule changes for departing, arrival, and unloading times.
- Plan Ahead:An interstate move can take anywhere from two to five days, from the packing up to the unloading. Be sure to set aside a suitcase to keep with you with any necessities, prescriptions, phones, chargers, and other must-have items. Also, consider keeping very valuable and highly breakable items with you during the move for peace of mind.
Tips To Prepare for an Interstate Move
Interstate moves can be stressful enough without adding extra complications. You can avoid those complications by taking the following steps:
- Make sure you have all the necessary paperwork ready before you begin packing.
- Have a plan for what will happen during the move.
- Pack items carefully and securely.
- Keep track of important documents and information.
- Take care of any pets.
- Be prepared to pay extra fees if you need to ship heavy items.
- Consider hiring professional movers.
- Don’t forget about insurance!
Why is Southeast Elite Movers the Only Choice for Interstate Moving?
Over 35 years in the moving industry have made Southeast Elite Movers one of the leading interstate moving companies in the United States. And during all that time, we’ve developed a system that reflects our commitment to quality! From the extensive training our agents, drivers and movers receive to the variety of services we offer to our secure and well-maintained fleet of professional moving vehicles, we do what it takes to deliver high-quality interstate relocations for every customer. That’s all part of what we call the Southeast Elite Movers Advantage.